Network Attach Storage (NAS)
OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be enhanced via plugins.
OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached Storage without deeper knowledge.
It is based on Debian Linux and Web based administration, easy system updates are available via Debian package management.
- Specialised appliance for file storage
- Keep your data secure and safe
- Please contact us for free quote at: info(at)udyansh(dot)org
NAS servers provide fast and secure access to data. Centralized data for easier management and backup facility. Multiple protocols to access and store data. Supports multiple users with data storage quota for each user.
Get automated and continuous network based backups of your multiple workstations. Remove the need of extra portable devices for backups. Share data with multiple clients in a secure way.
- Debian Linux (Squeeze) OS (i386 or x64)
- Web based administration
- Easy system updates via Debian package management
- Scheduled jobs
- Multilanguage support
- Service announcement via DNS-SD
- Plugin system
- Link aggregation
- Wake On Lan
- IPv6 support
- HDD power management (APM/AAM)
- GPT partitions
- EXT3/EXT4/XFS/JFS filesystem support
- Software RAID JBOD/0/1/5/6/…
- Quota (per volume)
- Share management
- SNMP (v1/2c/3) (read-only)
- Email notifications
- Proactive process and system state monitoring
- NFS (v3/v4)
PluginsUsing the plugin system it is possible to add additional services, e.g.
- LDAP Directory Service
- Bittorrent client
- DAAP server
- iSCSI Target
NIPFP: Running on premium server with hardware raid, makes the data available 24x7 for mixed environment of Linux and proprietary operating systems.